Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ever been terrorized by a big ugly raccoon?

My chihuahua got mugged by a racoon last Feb. We were walking


up my back stairs when it came running out of the dark and jumped


her, knocking her down a 3 foot retaining wall. I was just behind her


and yelled, which got my husband running out the back door,the slam caught the rac's attention and he let go long enough for my


dog to run down the stairs behind me. But the racoon just sat


there on the wall about 2 feet away from me, loooking at me and


looking down the stairs at my dog, while I am yelling at my husband to grab the dog and put her inside. I walked down a


few stairs and grabbed a piece of 2x4 and heaved it at the rac,


he ran a few feet away then came right back. The thing had


no fear, it really wanted to tear my dog apart, and at more than


twice her size, it could have very easily. As it was, she had


a bad gash on her muzzle and a puncture wound on her side.


Fortunately neither wound was serious, but the vet had her


on antibiotics and little beef flavored pain pills for 2 weeks.


The racoons in my area have no fear of humans, a little


while later while I was working in my garage, a bunch of girls


from down the street came running my way, yelling that there


was a rac in their kitchen. It had come in the open door and


was tearing the kitchen apart and they fled for their lives.


It was a neighborhood rac, about 30-40 pounds and huge, I


usually saw it trash night rifling thru the recycle cans on the


curb. I think the humane society finally came and did it in


after that incident, cause I haven't seen it since.


Some people think they are cute and feed them, but that


only makes it worse, they lose their fear of man and can


get very aggressive.Ever been terrorized by a big ugly raccoon?
Just once.Ever been terrorized by a big ugly raccoon?
yes , a few times .........they like to pull apart people's trash , and they get agitated if you interrupt them .





cheers ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment