Friday, February 12, 2010

My neighbor killed a raccoon...?

Some time ago I also killed one by running over it, but it was an accident. This guy just took a metal bar and beat the thing to death.





He claims raccoons are filthy animals that must be exterminated.





I was considering to report this incident, but the man said that if you can legally kill a person for entering your property uninvited, then forget about an animal. I guess he has a point there so I'm not sure.





Opinions?My neighbor killed a raccoon...?
Contact your local animal shelter report the incident and let them handle it. There is a line where extermination is no longer humane and using a pipe to beat an animal to death crosses that line.My neighbor killed a raccoon...?
I think you're both correct. The guy has a right to exterminate vermin that enters his property, however to bludgeon it to death is quite cruel. They make traps, pellet guns and such for that type of situation.
I don't know if your story is true, or if your looking for reactions.





But in my opinion there are certainly more humane ways to be rid of creatures if they are causing a nuisance.





If he had any decency, he'd have found a better solution.
There are different laws in different states concerning this. Some animals you cannot kill and must call animal control to relocate them.
It depends upon the laws/statutes in your area.





Raccoons can be very destructive and can many times carry rabies.





We don't know his side of the story so it is unfair to make a judgment call.
He should not be killing animals for no reason. What kind of idiot savage does that?
Karma will handle him. He committed murder.
Vermin. Not like it's a pet.
We caught a raccoon and took it to a wooded area...poor thing. Thats just sad
google is your friend.
it's legal. why is it a problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment