Friday, February 12, 2010

Ranma 1/2 question. The raccoon episode?

I remember once watching an episode from the sixth season box set (which I borrowed from a friend) with a young ghost girl from the secondary shop in Furinkan High's basement. She sings a song about her lost raccoon doll.





I only know some of the lyrics:





The young raccoon cried looking at the sky


Up in Kokuri mountain


Just take a peek inside


It can't be denied


It's here where the crane and turtle meet





There's something here about a thousand needles circling a burning light.





The flower's in the hand that holds the chopsticks


beware there may be a few scary tricks


I am but a messenger that holds the raccoons tale


Heed my words you who try to steal my treasure


For I will haunt you forever and ever





I'm not sure if all of those lyrics are correct and I really wanna know the lyrics in between about the needle. So if you know the lyrics and can correct them, or if you can fill in anything that's missing, can you tell me please? i would really like to know.Ranma 1/2 question. The raccoon episode?
The subtitles say:





The Badger of Mt. Kokkuri


Looked to the sky and wept


Place where Crane and Turtle meet


go look there if you please


One thousand needles


on dark night path


Pick a flower with the


chopsticks-hand


';Big'; character of gladness and shame


Slipping and falling


Ah, poor me


Out from the cave


Ah, hateful


Toranu Kogane


Ah, hateful





The audio is:





The young raccoon cried


looking at the sky


up on Kokkuri mountain


so take a peek inside


it can't be denied


it's here where the Crane and Turtle meet


on a lonely street on a dark lonely night


a thousand needles circling a burning light


a flower's in the hand that holds the chopsticks


beware there may be a few scary tricks


I am but a messenger who brings the tragic tale


heed my words you who may try to steal my treasure


for I'll haunt you for ever and ever





The subtitles are probably the more accurate translation. (For example, when Tatewaki Kuno gets flattened by the boulder, he is lying in the shape of the kanji character for ';big'; and that line of the song is mentioned.) I also found (link in 'sources') an even more literal transation of what seems to be approximately the same song.Ranma 1/2 question. The raccoon episode?
OK heres how the song goes i know because i have the episode:


On a lonely street on a dark lonely night


a thousand needles circling a burning light


a flowers in the hand that holds the chopsticks beware there maybe a few scary tricks i am but a messenger who brings the tragic tale heed my words you who try to steal my treasure for i will haunt you for ever and ever.


The young raccoon cries looking at the sky up in Kokuri mountain so take a peak in side it can't be denied


it's here where the Crane and turtle meet.


that's the whole song hope this helps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment