Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kids: do you think anyone with raccoon eye makeup is gothic?

Only if they are wearing black clothes too! Without the combination of the two it just simply doesn't count :)





Edit - haha... I suppose I should put it out there that I'm just kidding before I get hammered with tons of thumbs downs and hate messages!Kids: do you think anyone with raccoon eye makeup is gothic?
No.Kids: do you think anyone with raccoon eye makeup is gothic?
depends what there wearing with it. if they are not dressed gothic then no it just looks like u wear too much make up
Those are bored kids. If you are really down with being Gothic, I'm sure you don't need to be ID'd as goth by your makeup--it would be obvious in other ways.





The teenagers, not kids, who wear that style of make up are probably dressing Gothic cause they can't fit in to normal teenage society, so they simply separate themselves from it entirely. They pose goth, just like some people pose to be emo, or bro, even diva.





Its just dumb teenage needs to fit in and be accept by a group.
YES sooooooo totally gothic
Nope, I just think they need to wear better make-up.
Kids these days don't even realize what gothic means. I bet they'd laugh themselves silly if they knew that The Doors were called gothic back in their day. Now we just have those whiney emo kids....and adults, sadly. I hate MCR, and find it disturbing that 30somethings wish to appeal to the emo kids and whatnot. Thanks a lot Hot Topic.....
mcr is my favorite band, but they aren't goth or emo. those are labels they were unfortunately stuck with them as their success grew. I don't believe in labels, because it causes people to judge on appearance. People with raccon eye makeup doesn't automatically make them ';gothic.'; there's a lot of people in my school who wear raccoon eye makeup and they're happy as a clam. The best way to tell if someone is ';gothic'; is by their actions, not what makeup they wear.
mcr is horrid


i cant stand them


and there is no more goth


its turned into nasty emo
I'm neither a fan of mcr or marilyn manson. My answer is no. And I know from experience.
it depends on what they are wearing. but i would think it would be more emo than goth.i loooove MCR, but i think they wear a little too much eyeliner.they look emo but i dont think it looks bad.if someone wears a little eyeliner, i just think it makes their eyes standout in a good way.i sometimes wear eyeliner, but not like a raccoon.


if someone wears ';racoon'; makeup , i would say yes, i do think goth or emo.
Look there is also punk glam emo you seem to be a bit naive and ignorant
I'm sixteen, i guess i qualify as a kid.











-clears throat-


F**K yEaH McR iiZ ThUh BEsted g0ThiCC bAnD.


rAcCoon EYeZ R ThuuH ShiZZZ. d0N't fuhGet DA sTuDdEd BeLtZ!!!


-sighs-








I despise the fact that the majority of my generation look upon crap like that as Gothic.








edit; i do like Marilyn Manson's earlier work though - i won't tell a lie. Though i'm not part of the MM crowd and i couldn't call it goth.





x
not really


@
Ah ah...the same problem is in Italy, because there are a lot of kids (bimbiminkia) that think that ';gothic'; is ';30 seconds to mars'; or... Avril Lavigne!


My language isn't too well...sorry ;)
No. Most kids these days who wear raccoon eyeliner are just posers, wannabe emos, scene kids, etc. No one knows what Gothic is anymore.
Depends on what they were wearing. Generally I'd think they were gothic, but if I was at a Halloween party or something I wouldn't.
No.


Stereotyping people into groups and labels is pathetic.
no some consider it glam. i know alot of my friends including me do our eye makeup extreme if were going out somewhere on the weekends. along with with what the dude above said. it depends on what outfit you wear and how much make up you apply.
I do not believe in lables.


Just because someone wears something does not make them what you think they are.


I'm sorry but it's true.
No, I don't.
no, scene kids wear it too. they're not goth, they're way happy.
it depends. goths tend to have the additude of i dont care. and wear black clothes. although thats not always true goths can also wear alot of others even pink. the raccoon makeup is more of the emos. mostly guys who want to stand out so they put tons of makeup on so that people will notice them. goths tend to be more sutle about their makeup. most of them that i personnally now that do that are preps who want to look like they are following the trends but it doesnt turn out right. so it just depends.
i think it is emo not goth thhere is a big diffrence
yep!!
no, i wear raccoon eye makeup and i wouldn't consider myself goth.


i'm 14.... would i still be a kid?
yes yes yes yes
ya GOTH GOTH GOTH

No comments:

Post a Comment