Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Raccoon on my porch?

If a raccoon found food on my porch one night- do you think it will keep coming back? I have a dog and I'm scared it will hurt him! Will it come near me if I'm in the yard with my dog?Raccoon on my porch?
Be sure to not leave any food out that the raccoon can get to...including your garbage can. And yes, it will return if it thinks it can find food. Most raccoons will not hurt a dog or cat but can if it feels threatened. One thing you can do is to put out a live trap and release it to the wild. Other than that, call your local wildlife agent and tell him you have a problem. The raccoon is only looking for food and doesn't mean you or your pets harm. They can get vicious and yes, they can carry rabies. So contact your local authorities if you don't want the animal around.Raccoon on my porch?
normally, unless they're sick or REALLY hungry, they won't come near you or your dog. if your dog goes after it, it WILL fight. and they are fierce. it will probably keep coming for awhile looking for another easy meal. make sure there's nothing to tempt him back again, and for a few nights, after you bring your dog in, spray a room deodorizer or some other repellent all around your porch.


MAKE SURE YOUR DOG IS UP TO DATE ON RABIES !!!!
It will if it can find food on your porch. If it feels threatened, it may attack your dog. Keep the dog's food off of the porch. I had this same problem and eventually the raccoon had to be trapped and relocated. It tried coming after me once. Very scary! Good luck!
omg are u serious?
i think it might come back cuz it knows ur poorch is a sourcre for food
if its rabid it well try to take you and your dog down.


they may be small but they pack a punch. if your worryed call someone to trap it and take it to a wildlife center or something.





better to be safe then sorry
The only reason it would come near you is if it is rabid. You shouldn't have a problem with it, as long as it's not hanging around during the daytime. Don't leave food out anymore and he will move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment