Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What happened to Rocky Raccoon?

I know the words to the song, and the last verse says:





Now Rocky Raccoon he fell back in his room


Only to find Gideon's bible


A Gideon checked out and he left it no doubt


To help with good Rocky's revival.








What does that mean? Did Rocky die? What does it mean that Gideon checked out? Did Rocky get saved?





This has always bothered me. I NEED ANSWERS!What happened to Rocky Raccoon?
I'm glad you asked this because I never really thought about it and assumed that he died, which doesn't actually make sense to me now that I actually reflect on the lyrics. I am thinking he fell back, literally in his bed, being tired after the ordeal, but he got his closure and was now ready to move on. That is where Rocky's revival comes in. I really don't know, but that is what makes sense to me.What happened to Rocky Raccoon?
Rocky was injured and stumbled back into his room, once again to find Gideon's Bible. This time he read it and took it with him. I have thought that he left the room with the Gideon's Bible -- kept reading it -- had a real revival.


I think he lived and was a changed man.

Report Abuse



sounds to me like rocky died
I think it's 'revival' in the religious sense - a 'period of spiritual renewal'.





Because of the 'Gideon's Bible' references?





As in - Rocky is very much down {but not out}, and Gideon is going to help him back on his path in life' ?








I've never actually thought about it before, and I've been listening to that song for 25 years!





I always just assumed he was exhausted!
i think he is alive because i hear that he is just rocky
I thought that guy saved the dude i think he lived

No comments:

Post a Comment