Sunday, February 7, 2010

Does anybody have any suggestions on a humane way to get rid of pesky raccoons?

I set traps only to hear them POP %26amp; wake me up %26amp; see a scant wiggle of a raccoon carrying my traps with it.I'm in the country (duh) %26amp; I have or would have loads of birds if they'd leave my feeders alone %26amp; stop drinking out of the bird bath.





Help please- I'm sooo tired of chasing these critters!


thanks xxDoes anybody have any suggestions on a humane way to get rid of pesky raccoons?
Sprinkle some moth flakes (or moth balls) on the ground under the feeders. The birds won't eat it and the critters don't like the smell. Also, make sure your feeders are not the kind that spill a lot on the ground. The tube feeders seem to be best for keeping their contents. The Yankee Dollar store near my house sells moths balls. Cheap and effective. Good luck!Does anybody have any suggestions on a humane way to get rid of pesky raccoons?
I guess you will need to buy more food some for the pet birds and some for your raccoon pets. smile
Wood Shredder?! And some waterproofs....
Can you nail your traps to the ground?

No comments:

Post a Comment