Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Do you think raccoons are really trouble makers?

I'm mean just becayse they dig through your garbage doesn't mean they're trouble makers? Right? Their pooor fuzzy animals.Do you think raccoons are really trouble makers?
Raccoons are fearless trouble makers. A mother and her three adolescent raccoons moved into my aunts tree then attacked my aunt's 17 year old cat. They will stand on my aunt's sidewalk and look at her and hiss like she is invading their territory. That neighborhood has been around since the early 1930s so it isn't a recent invasion and they have plenty of woods to roam in. I guess they are just prolific breeders.





By the way, I'd say the cat won. She came away with one amputated toe but fine otherwise. Go Miss Kitty!!!Do you think raccoons are really trouble makers?
raccoons are very smart and can open doors, peanut butter jars, and other stuff and arer very sneaky at it.


but they have very sharp teeth and bite hard, i put meat and other food on my deck to wach them and observe them. sometimes the mother will bring 2 of her babies along.


othertimes my dog (chiweanie) will get out and get into a fight with the raccoon, but the racoon will just run off
They can kill and injure pet animals (cats and small dogs), destroy yards and landscaping and carry diseases like rabies. If they get used to eating human food given by people or from the garbage, they hang around more and become more aggressive and less afraid of people and cause more damage. They are wild animals and should be treated as such. It's better for their health to be kept out of human food sources like garbage and eat foods natural to them. Just because they are cute, doesn't mean you should try and treat them like pets.
Yes I do. Ive seen one attack a person firsthand for no apparent reason (and it wasnt outwardly rabid either). They're meaner than crap when cornered. Just ask any animal control person. That's not to say I dislike them or would allow harm to come to one. Just my opinion.
I used to feed the raccoons outside of my apt that hung out in our dumpster at night., but you must be careful %26amp; take precautions that one is not rabid. No, not trouble makers just hungry b/c most likely their natural enviornment is becoming suburbanized and there is lack of food. The ones I fed were friendly and once they knew I wasn't a threat they were eating right out of my hand!! They can even make a neat pet if you raise one from a baby b/c maybe it could become abandoned if anything happens to it's mom. Otherwise, get a trash can that has a tght lid b/c they will dump them over scrounging for food-that's why they get a bad rap.
They're really cool actually, and people should understand that a raccoon is going to look for food wherever it can, they were living here before we started building houses. If people don't want to have them in the trash they should tie down the bin better.





The raccoons I've heard about in captivity are really nice when well fed.
No -- they dig thru your garbage becuz... raccons dig thru garbage. They are just being raccoons.
Raccoons are the northern equivalent of a monkey. They are very intelligent, inquisitive and opportunistic eaters. If you leave your nice smelly rotting garbage outside, the wind will pick up the odor and take it straight to the nose of a coon or opossum telling them ';dinner time!'; They eat just about anything and can even figure out how to get into the most complex trash cans(even the flip up locking handles). Humans have made life for a raccoon very easy by providing leftover food(including outdoor fed pet food), uncapped chimneys for shelter and nesting and water sources like pools, fish ponds and drainage ditches. Needless to say, they are not ';poor'; fuzzy animals but smart little opportunists.
i love my raccoon, i have one that sleeps in a hole in the tree on the side of my house, i leave him food at the base of the tree at night. He doesn't bother anyone and he was here before i moved in so i don't bother him and he doesn't bother me.
I think they can be a little bother some. We finally got rid of the ones that were shredding the dog and cat food and eating all of the horses grain during the night. They would come right up on the porch and make theirselves at home. I got to hand it to them, it is great for them that they can do this but annoys me and my family. They don't eat our garbage just shred our animals food and eat 40 lbs in a night.
probably not! they are hungry, they don't know any better.
no they are just smart and we cant outsmart them at locking them out of things so we get angry and call them trouble makers!

No comments:

Post a Comment