Friday, February 5, 2010

Ok i asked what does raccoon tatse like becuase i am in school for culinary arts n i needed to ask ppl that?

What school do you go to, must be in the south.Ok i asked what does raccoon tatse like becuase i am in school for culinary arts n i needed to ask ppl that?
It just tastes like meat, if you like meat?? It is a very greasy meat, I've eaten BBQ raccoon before and it ok. I've always thought if you couldn't buy it from the grocery store, you shouldn't eat it. But long ago, our ancesters ate things we wouldn;t dare eat. I live in middle georgia and there are those around here that hunt coon at night with dogs...I also know that alot of African American citizens love the meat....Ok i asked what does raccoon tatse like becuase i am in school for culinary arts n i needed to ask ppl that?
Raccoon is an excellent meat, not at all resembling a rodent.


Simmer it in a bit of water with some onion, celery, and carrots until it is practically falling off the bone. Drain it.


Brush with a good B-B-Q sauce and put on a hot grill just until the grill marks are present.


Yum!


If cooked right, it tastes like a juicy, succulent chicken thigh or rabbit.
I would think like Chicken.
Tastes like rat ****.
Since it's such a regional food .I think that you might be better off going to Travel%26gt; United States and then either Atlanta or New Orleans and asking your question there


I know that people eat raccoon all the time and have done so since the late1600's


Davey Crocket wore a 'coonskin cap .What do you think he did with the rest of the raccon ?
I hear that it taste greasy
Racoon taste like elk or moose but little more fat on them. If you don't know what elk and moose taste like, its like eating lean ground beef. Hardly any fat at all.
My Dad loves 'coon. He says it sort of tastes like chicken with a bit of a beef flavor.
I've never had it but people that have told me it tastes like Chicken sooooo mmmmmmmtasty
I have heard people in my husbands family say it taste like chicken and others say it has a strong taste to it
Nicole - thank you for being honest about it being a homework question - a lot of people aren't!





I have never tasted raccoon - I probably will never taste raccoon. I buy meat at the supermarket only.





BBWCHATT


The old lady in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment